Find the Perfect Fit
Your Guide to ski helmet sizing
Why Ski Helmet Sizing is Vital
Proper ski helmet sizing isn’t just about comfort. A well-fitted helmet can make the difference between a minor inconvenience and a serious injury. When you’re zooming down slopes at high speeds, even a small object or a sudden fall can lead to significant impacts. In such situations, a helmet that’s too large might slide off, while one that’s too small could restrict blood flow or fail to provide full coverage. Hence, proper sizing is not just a preference—it’s a necessity.
At Zerokay, we understand that comfort, safety, and style are essential for an unparalleled skiing experience. That’s why we have crafted this how to measure helmet size guide to ensure you find the perfect fit for your helmet and goggles, optimizing your ski helmet sizing.
How to Measure Your Head for a Zerokay Helmet?
- Get a Flexible Tape Measure: A cloth or flexible plastic tape measure is ideal for this ski helmet sizing task. If you don’t have one, you can use a string or a cord, which you can then measure against a flat ruler.
- Measure Your Head: Position the tape measure just above your ears and about 1 inch (2.5 cm) above your eyebrows. This is usually the widest part of the head. Wrap the tape measure evenly around your head, ensuring it covers the largest portion of the back of your head. Remember not to pull the tape too tight; it should sit comfortably.
- Check the Measurement: with your head measured in accordance with ski helmet sizing, pinpoint the spot where the tape measure comes full circle, look at the number where the tape measure meets the end. This is your head circumference. If you used a string, measure its length with a ruler.
- Repeat for Accuracy: for the best ski helmet sizing, it’s crucial to repeat the measurement process a couple of times.
- Considering ski helmet sizing: simply compare your head circumference to our size chart. If your measurement is between two sizes, opt for the larger size for maximum comfort.
Zerokay Helmet Size Chart
Head Circumference (cm)
XXS – XS
52 -54 cm
51.1 – 54.0
S – M
54.1 – 58.0
L – XL
59 – 61 cm
58.1 – 61.0
Tips for the Perfect Ski Helmet Fit
- Wear it Right: Your helmet should sit level on your head, not tilted back. The front should rest just above your eyebrows to to achieve that perfect ski helmet fit.
- Check for Movement: Once the helmet is on, shake your head side to side and front to back. The helmet should not shift significantly in any direction.
- Adjust for Comfort: Zerokay helmets feature an adjustable size system to help you achieve that perfect ski helmet fit.
Zerokay Goggle Compatibility
Our goggles are designed to pair perfectly with our helmets for a seamless fit and enhanced performance.
- Helmet Compatibility: Zerokay goggles fit comfortably and securely with all our helmet sizes, ensuring maximum safety and visibility on the slopes.
- Fit and Comfort: Our goggles feature an adjustable strap for a personalized fit. Combined with the triple-layer foam and antibacterial polar fleece finishing, they offer an unmatched level of comfort and hygiene.
- Lens Options: Zerokay goggles come with different lenses for varying weather conditions. They are treated to be anti-fog, anti-scratch, and come in an array of colors for both style and practicality. Remember, the right lens color can dramatically improve visibility and reduce eye fatigue.
- Interchangeable Lenses: Our Magnet Goggle model offers the option of interchangeable lenses, allowing you to easily adjust to changing light conditions and enhance your skiing experience.
Mastering how to measure helmet size and understanding ski helmet sizing is vital for slope safety and comfort. Zerokay is here to assist every step of the way. Whether you’re gearing up for your first ski trip or are a seasoned professional, our team is always ready to help. Reach out anytime.